After swooning over those beautiful white florals yesterday’s beautiful dusky blue wedding inspiration shoot – I hope you didn’t miss it, the vintage Dior dress was Audrey chic!, I thought I’d continue the floral theme for our Summer stroll with this week’s Snippets, Whispers & Ribbons featuring the most stunning bridal bouquets simply perfect for a Summer celebration…..
1. With the abundance of flowers available in Summer, it’s hard to choose just one or two for your bouquet. And why should you when today’s wild and unstructured bouquets look so fabulous? Mix colours, styles and textures like in this bouquet: lavender, succulents, ranunculus, sweet peas, freesias, it has them all (and more) and isn’t it beautiful!
2. Or add a touch of the unexpected to a more traditional bouquet with some bright summer berries! Strawberries in particular work so well, and imagine being reminded of such a special day every Summer after whenever you eat a strawberry…… plus if you get peckish during the ceremony!
Bouquet ~ The Bouquets of Ascha Jolie, Photography ~ S Leishman via Ruffled(Ball dresses nz)
3. With gardens brimming with blooms, Summer brides literally have their pick of flowers, colours and scents, and how romantic is this pink bouquet of peonies, roses and clematis??…..
Bouquet ~ Katy Bohls, Photography ~ Kristen Kilpatrick via Once Wed
4. There’s something so gorgeous about bouquets the colour of a summer sky, and few flowers come in prettier shades of blue than hydrangeas…..
Bouquet ~ PEONY Art Decoration Studio, Photogrpahy ~ Anastasiya Belik via Burnett’s Boards
5. Few colour combinations scream Summer quite like a lush mix of citrus yellows, oranges and pinks – especially in a posy of poppies as pretty as this one (nope they don’t just come in red!). I love their long bendy stems which always gives them a lovely whimsical unarranged look
Bouquet ~ Shotgun Floral Studio, Photography Joielala via Green Wedding Shoes(Idress.co.nz)
If this post has you yearning for more beautiful blooms then take a look at my bouquet picks for Autumn, Winter & Spring or lose yourself in some of the incredible bouquet recipe shoots I’ve shared.
For more Summer wedding ideas take a peek at these stylish Summer grooms and these pretty Summer wedding colour palettes. Oh and don’t forget you chose this bold and beautiful Summer colour palette for Chic Vintage Bride‘s next wedding inspiration board, so have a look for it on Tuesday!